for FIIT STU master's degree (instructions in .pdf format - in Slovak) for the academic year 2023/2024.
Click on: https://is.stuba.sk/, and then on Electronic application for studying at STU.
Applicants are advised to indicate two study programs in the order of their interest in their application form. The method of entering alternative study programs is listed below.
Login to the system
- If you are not a student of STU, enter the system via the 1st option, i.e.
Enter the e-application system as a new user and the system will assign you a login name and password.
- If you are an STU student and have access to AIS, enter the system via the 3rd option, i.e.
Enter the e-application system as an AIS user.
- Enter the system via the 2nd option, i.e.
Enter the e-application system as an e-application user only if you know your login name and password to enter the e-application registration environment.
After successful login
- Choose your faculty – FIIT
- Choose the type of study masterand click on Select study type
You then choose the program you want to study:
|I-IB2||Information Security||2-year study|
|I-IB3||Information Security||3-year study|
|I-SS2||Intelligent Software Systems||2-year study|
|I-SS3||Intelligent Software Systems||3-year study|
If you have selected a program, click on the thick arrow next to the program you have chosen.
You will see two sections – Personal data and Applicant addresses. Enter each via the thick arrow and fill in all the required information. If all the details are not filled in, the Completeness status of the section is highlighted in red.
Personal data section section
- Fill in your personal data.
Also provide your mobile phone number, although this is not required. Make sure it is in the correct form – e.g.: +421903555222.
- In the graduated high school section, we mean the university that you have already graduated from or will have graduated from in the year of expected admission. Also indicate the program and the year of graduation; this information is mandatory.
- Filling in other data is also compulsory.
If you are studying, in the section from where you are applying, select the university and the highest level of education you have attained (that you have already attained or will have attained in the year of expected admission) – first degree, second degree if applicable.
Do not forget to save the data you have entered!
If you have the completeness status of the personal data section marked in green, enter the Applicant Addresses section.
Section Addresses of the applicant
- If you select the state of the Slovak Republic, after entering the street, number and zip code, click on Choose the City. The city will be automatically added. Filling in the contact address is only mandatory if you have a contact address other than the address of your permanent address.
Do not forget to save the entered data!
The completeness status of the Applicant Addresses section must be marked in green only then you have all the required data filled in.
Section E-applications not yet implemented
In the section e-applications that have not yet been submitted select alternative types of study programs, because admission to your chosen (preferred) program would not be possible due to overcapacity. Of course, only if you are also interested in admission to other study programs.
Assignment of an alternative study program
Click on Entry to the Application Details section. Select one or two alternative study programs in the order of your interest (the system says "Alternative admission type A", "Alternative admission type B")!
Don't forget to save the entered data!
In the Paid section check the details required to pay the administrative fee for the admission procedure and pay the amount. Once the fee has been paid Status in the Paid section will change to green, but only after it has been checked by the faculty, which may take several days.
If you have the Completeness Status of the Applicant Address and Personal Information sections marked in green, you may proceed with the application process. In the E-Applications in Progress section , in the row for the application you wish to submit, click P. You still need to confirm the submission of the application by clicking on Submit e-application.
You can submit an e-application even if you have not yet confirmed payment (the status in the Paid section does not turn green), but the study department will not start processing your application until you have paid.
You can then proceed to upload the necessary documents:
All formats are accepted, for example: pdf, jpg, png, docx.
The document you need to insert mandatory, is the receipt for the payment of the admissions material fee if you do not use the e-application form. Optional documents are evidence of your significant professional achievements.
- Applicants may attach to their application documents demonstrating their significant professional achievements in the field of computer science and information technology, as well as in other types of professional activity. (Please do not submit a bachelor's thesis.)
- Proof of payment of the material support fee for the admission procedure.
Proof of completion of the previous degree is a compulsory document, but you must send it by post. Therefore, you must send a certified copy of the degree certificate (diploma) and a transcript of the courses and grades obtained during your previous university studies to the address of the faculty's study department by post. It must be certified by the faculty or college that issued the transcript.
This does not apply to applicants who are completing their bachelor's degree at FIIT STU in the academic year 2022/23; they do not need to send any documents by post.
Display of admission result
You can check the result of the admission procedure – the decision to admit/not to admit an applicant:
- In the online application system:
click on https://is.stuba.sk/en, then on Admission Results and enter your roll number. Under Decision you will see the result.
- In the faculty website www.fiit.stuba.sk.
The Dean's decision to admit/not to admit the applicant together with the reasons, will be delivered to the applicant in writing at the permanent address given on the application form.
In case of doubt, please contact (preferably by e-mail) Mgr. Zuzana Tekulová at zuzana_tekulova[at]stuba.sk. We will be happy to advise you.
Bratislava March 2023
Marta Gnipová, AIS intergrator