People are ever more connected to Web. Their communication takes place in a digital space in human - Web interaction. We investigate how people spread information in Web environment by passing, sharing, commenting etc. either in original or similar form. Research focuses on trustworthiness of the spreaded information and respect for human privacy. Spreading, sharing of information should be dependable. Information, which has an inherently interactive behaviour, should be as comprehensible as possible to people - users (new interaction and visualization metaphors).
Web of People, Human Web Interaction, Opinion Sharing, Information Reliability and Trustworthiness, User Identification and Privacy, Behavioral Biometric, Visualization
|His research interests range from information interactions of people on the Web as manifested by information recommendation or spreading within social networks, to social insect inspired computing and to modelling of software artifacts.
Her research interests are in the area of information systems, quality of information systems, security and privacy, user modelling, in particular she focuses on similarity of texts and behavioral biometric authentication.
|Her research interest is human computer interaction including new or unusual devices/interfaces. Recently deals with beacons, which bring to the web and their users new dimension of interaction and information-gathering.
Selected recent publications
- NÁVRAT, Pavol - CHUDÁ, Daniela
Web by People, for the People, of the People.
INES 2015 : 19th International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems. Bratislava, Slovakia. September 3-5, 2015. Danvers : IEEE, 2015, pp. 31-37. ISBN 978-1-4673-7939-7.
- CHUDÁ, Daniela - NÁVRAT, Pavol - KOVÁČOVÁ, Bianka - HUMAY, Pavol
The Issue of (Software) Plagiarism: A Student View.
IEEE Transactions on Education. Vol. 55, No.1 (2012), pp.22-28. ISSN 0018-9359.
- KRÁTKY, Peter - CHUDÁ, Daniela
Estimating Gender and Age of Web Page Visitors from the Way They Use their Mouse.
Proc. of the 25th International Conference Companion on World Wide Web. WWW'16, New York: ACM, 2016, pp. 61-62.
- SABO Štefan - KOVÁROVÁ, Alena - NÁVRAT, Pavol
Multiple Developing New Stories Identified and Tracked by Social Insects and Visualized using the New Galactic Streams and Concurrent Streams Metaphors.
International Journal of Hybrid Intelligent Systems, 12 (2015), 1, pp. 27-39, ISSN 1448-5869.
- KUZÁR, Tomáš – NÁVRAT, Pavol
Slovak Blog Clustering Enhanced by Mining the Web Comments.
2011 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology (WI-IAT) - Workshops, WIAT 2011, 2011, pp. 293-296.
Important recent research results and research projects
- Cognitive travelling in digital space of the Web and digital libraries supported by personalized services and social networks, years 2011-2014 with cooperations with informatics faculties in Slovakia.
- Support avoid plagiarism in education and e-learning informatics. Researche project in years 2010-2014. We design the new concepts, methods and techniques for solving complex problem of process of collection and monitoring student assignments and detecting them avoid plagiarism - software project PlaDeS , free for use.
- Virtual FIIT
- Mobil application, interconnects real world (in building) with virtual place (web).
The consortium of 65 university departments from across Europe, joined the European project Future Education and Training in Computing: How to support learning at anytime anywhere (FETCH). In particular, closer cooperation with:
- Assoc. Prof. Emeritus Stoyanka Smrikarova, University of Ruse, Bulgaria
- Prof. Leon Rothkrantz, Delft University of Technology, Nederland
- Prof. Mirjana Ivanovic, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- Dr. Janusz Jabłonowski, Warsaw University, Polland