for the academic year 2024/2025
Dean of the Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies STU in Bratislava, pursuant to Act No. 131/2002 on Higher Education and on Amendments and Supplements to Certain Acts, as amended, announces the commencement of the admission procedure for doctoral studies for the accredited study program Applied Informatics - information on accreditation is available on the website of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in the Register of Study Programs (select Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava).
The Faculty of Informatics and Information Technology offers doctoral studies in the following study programs in the academic year 2024/2025:
- Applied Informatics (in the field of study of Computer Science)
31 May 2024, 11:59 pm
(with effect from 1 September 2024)
How to complete and submit the application form
You can submit your application form electronically or deliver it on the prescribed form.
The electronic application form will be launched on 4 April 2024 at 9:00 am. Instructions for completing it will be published in due course.
If using a paper application form:
- send the duly completed and signed application form together with the attachments and proof of payment (see fee information) to
FIIT STU in Bratislava
842 16 Bratislava 4
- or hand in the duly completed and signed application form together with the attachments and the of payment confirmation (see fee information) to the Registry Office of the Faculty of Informatics and Information Technology STU in Bratislava (2nd floor, room 2.14).
In the application form, the candidate shall indicate (after prior agreement with the supervisor) the topic of the dissertation and the name of the supervisor.
Dissertation thesis for academic year 2024/2025: will be published before 4 April 2024
Annexes to the application form
The following documents must be attached to the signed application form:
- professional curriculum vitae
- a motivation letter
- a draft of the thesis of the dissertation project in the range of 1 - 2 pages
- a certified copy of the diploma of higher education of the 2nd degree and the state examination certificate (not valid for applicants who are finishing their master´s studies at FIIT STU in the academic year 2023/2024)
- a transcript of the results of studies/list of completed courses certified by the faculty from which the applicant graduated or a certified copy of the supplement to the engineering/master's diploma
- a list of his/her published and unpublished works, expert opinions on these works (if any) and a list of the results of other professional or artistic activities other awards (e.g. Dean's Award, Rector's Award, etc.)
- in the case of a paper application, in addition to the attachments required in the application form, the applicant must enclose a receipt (copy) of the payment of the fee for the material support for the admissions procedure
The documents attached to the application form are not returned to the applicant and remain part of the applicant's documents.
Fees for material support of the admission procedure:
- 20 € - study in the state language in full-time or part-time form of study
- 40 € - study in English language in full-time or part-time form of study
|Method of payment of the fee:
|By bank transfer
|Account number (IBAN):
|SK83 8180 0000 0070 0008 5552
|number assigned by the electronic application system
or 3101 if the applicant does not use the electronic application system
|in the "Message to the recipient" section, the applicant must indicate his/her name and surname
If the applicant does not use the e-application form, he/she must also enclose with the application form a receipt for the paymentof the admissions material fee.
- The admission procedure starts with the submission of an application form.
- Applicants who meet the basic conditions for admission, or are expected to meet them, and whose application contains all the requirements, will be invited to an entrance examination.
- The results of the entrance examination will be evaluated.
- The selection of applicants is based on:
- on the basis of the rankings established on the basis of the results of the entrance examination,
- the results of previous studies, publications, and significant achievements in professional activities in the field of computer science and information technology,
- the number of applicants the faculty plans to admit to doctoral studies.
- The decision to admit or not to admit an applicant, together with the reasons, shall be delivered to the applicant in writing at the contact/correspondence address indicated in the application form. The admission procedure shall be concluded for the applicant by the issue of a decision on the outcome of the admission procedure.
25 June 2024
The entrance exam is written and oral.
As part of the admission procedure, the PhD candidate will demonstrate knowledge in the field of study. At the same time, he/she presents the thesis of the dissertation project in the context of the knowledge acquired.
More detailed information about the entrance examination will be given to the applicant together with the invitation to the entrance examination.
Each doctoral candidate will be notified in writing of the date and place of the entrance examination.
Admission requirements for international students
Applicants from abroad are subject to the same admission requirements as domestic applicants. Applicants who have completed previous studies abroad must submit proof of recognition of their university education for the purpose of continuing their studies in accordance with the applicable laws (www.stuba.sk/5545).
The document must be submitted in documentary form, either as an original or as a notarially certified copy.
Conditions of admission
General principles for determining the suitability of applicants
- The basic condition for admission to the doctoral program is the completion of a second degree study program. This condition is also met by graduates of courses of study under the older regulations. Completion of a combined first- and second-degree program of study shall be considered as completion of a second-degree program of study.
- The competence of applicants for doctoral studies shall be assessed on the basis of
- the content and results of previous studies, which shall be supported by appropriate documents,
- on the basis of the results of the entrance examination.
Further conditions of admission to doctoral study programs at FIIT STU in Bratislava for the academic year 2024/2025 were approved by the Academic Senate of the Faculty on 13 February 2024.
Framework content and method of verification of aptitude for study
The main objective of the admission examination is to verify the applicant's competence to study in the chosen study program; to determine the applicant's attitude for independent creative activity in the field of computer science and information technology. The admission examination also includes verification of the applicant's English language skills.
The written examination has a written and an oral part. It is thematically focused on the field of study. The language examination is part of the written part of the examination.
The evaluation of the admission procedure and the proposal of applicants for admission to doctoral studies in the relevant study program shall be carried out by a committee appointed by the dean of the faculty. Only those applicants who have successfully passed the language examination may be admitted to the studies. The selection of applicants is based on the order established on the basis of the results of the entrance examination, the results of previous studies, publication activity, significant achievements in the field of computer science and information technology.
Planned number of accepted applicants
|Planned number of students admitted to doctoral studies for the academic year 2024/2025
in the field of study of Computer Science