doctoral degree program in computer science (pdf)
accredited in accordance with Act No. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education and on Amendments to Certain Acts, as amended, without time limit.
Information on accreditation can be found on the website of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in the register of study programs (select Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava).
- Graduate profile
- Recommended study plans for all study programs
- Topics for admission procedure
- Study schedule
- Dissertation project information
- Current list of full-time PhD students together with dissertation topics (as of 1 October 2023)
Profile of the graduate of the study program Applied Informatics
- obtains a third-level university education in the field of applied informatics;
- masters the scientific methods of research and development in the field of applied informatics with a particular focus on methods and means of designing information tools for solving problems of selected problem areas;
- acquires the principles of independent and team scientific work, scientific problem formulation (technical assignment), legal and environmental aspects of new solutions, ethical and social aspects of scientific work, results, development of the field of study and contribution to practice;
- will understand applied informatics for the relevant application area as a discipline and area of knowledge, as a profession in its wider social context;
- will be aware of the social, moral, legal and economic context of his profession; the need for continuous professional development and lifelong learning in order to be able to carry out research with a high degree of creativity and independence, lead large projects and take responsibility for complex solutions;
- will be ready to build scientific perspective in a wide range of areas of applied informatics, in which they creatively apply advanced methods and techniques of design and development of information technology systems or for immediate entry into the labor market;
- will find employment as a member of a creative team or its leader in the public and private sector, in banking, transport, healthcare and wherever there is a need for scientific work in the field of applied informatics.