study program of master studies in computer science (pdf)
accredited under Act No. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education and on Amendments and Additions to Certain Acts, as amended.
Information on accreditation is available on the website of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in the register of study programs select Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava).
- Graduate profile
- Study plans and study organization for the current academic year
- Study schedule
- Information on the Diploma Project
- Information on the topic and assignment of the diploma thesis
- Completion of the master's degree and the thesis
Profile of the graduate of the study program Intelligent Software Systems
- obtains a comprehensive second-level university education in an engineering profession dealing with the analysis, design, construction and maintenance of large-scale software-intensive systems, especially information processing systems, including information systems with particular reference to the use of artificial intelligence methods,
- understand software engineering as a discipline and a field of knowledge and as a profession in its wider societal context,
- have an in-depth knowledge of software engineering, enabling him/her to manage teams of staff in this field, lead large projects independently and take responsibility for complex solutions,
- have an in-depth knowledge of selected topics in artificial intelligence, enabling him/her to design solutions using advanced artificial intelligence methods,
- will be able to find and present his/her own solutions to problems in research, development, design and construction of software and especially software information systems and in the broader context of information technology systems, web-based systems, computer networks and their components; creatively apply knowledge of information, technical, software and business processes and practices to assist in improving organizational performance and achieving organizational goals; work effectively as an individual, as a member and as a leader of a project team; critically analyze and apply a range of concepts, principles and practices for the development of intelligent software systems in the context of loosely defined problems, demonstrating effective decision making in relation to the selection and application of methods, techniques and resources,
- be aware of the social, moral, legal and economic contexts of their profession and be able to use appropriate practices in accordance with the professional, ethical and legal framework applicable to the field of software engineering,
- will be prepared to undertake a third degree program of study and build a scientific perspective across a range of software domains applying advanced methods and techniques for the design and development of software-intensive systems or for immediate entry into the labor market,
- finds employment as a member of a creative team or its leader in various sectors of the (software) industry, in the education system, in both the public and private sectors, in banking, transport, healthcare, etc.
- will be prepared to take on different roles as a software and information specialist in accordance with his/her individual focus within the optional content of the study. Typical roles include software development specialist (software developer), software architect, business analyst, data scientist (analyst), visual data expert, information technology security specialist, testing architect, network architect, embedded systems developer, information technology consultant, interaction and user experience specialist, researcher or project manager.
Employment and career after graduation in engineering.