study program of master studies in computer science (pdf)
accredited under Act No. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education and on Amendments and Additions to Certain Acts, as amended.
Information on accreditation is available on the website of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in the register of study programs select Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava).
- Graduate profile
- Study plans and study organisation for the current academic year
- Study schedule
- Information on the Diploma Project
- Information on the topic and assignment of the diploma thesis
- Completion of the master's degree and the thesis
Profile of the graduate of the study program Information Security
- obtains a comprehensive second-level university degree in applied informatics with an orientation towards information security in the field of information and computer systems and networks,
- understands information security as a discipline and field of knowledge, including the theoretical principles of information and computer systems and networks and information security as a profession in its broader societal context,
- will have knowledge of practical cryptography, the principles of designing, implementing and testing secure software systems, including operating and database systems, the design and testing of secure web-based systems and computer and network infrastructures. Another segment of knowledge will be knowledge in the legal and managerial areas of information security, business and management,
- will be able to design, implement and operate secure information systems, secure computer systems and networks; in particular, develop the security capabilities of technical and software resources of modern computer systems and networks; design, implement and evaluate the security aspects of modern information and computer systems and networks in various application areas,
- be aware of the social, moral, legal and economic contexts of his/her profession; the need for continuous professional development and lifelong learning in order to carry out research with a high degree of creativity and autonomy, to lead large projects and to take responsibility for complex solutions,
- be prepared to pursue a third-level degree program and build a scientific perspective in a wide range of information security areas applying advanced methods and techniques for the design, development and evaluation of secure information and computer systems and networks, or for immediate entry into the labour market,
- find employment as a member of or leader of a creative team in the education system, public and private sectors, banking, transport, healthcare and wherever there are opportunities to design, implement and operate secure information and computer systems and networks. It is ready to enter practical professional life as a highly skilled designer of secure information and computer systems and networks. He or she will also apply as a project manager, operator and security specialist of these systems.
Employment and career after graduation in engineering.