FIIT STU students must follow the rules of academic ethics, it is the duty of every student to act honestly. The principles of honest behavior and academic integrity are anchored directly in the Statute of FIIT STU (Article 22, Paragraph 3 -- Slovak). Dishonest behavior, especially passing off any work of another as one's own in the course of fulfilling study obligations, is considered a disciplinary offense in the Disciplinary Rules (Article 3, paragraph 1), which is dealt with by the Disciplinary Committee.
What is plagiarism
- imitation or verbatim copying of another's work without crediting the original; the work that was created this way
- illegal imitation, copying of artistic al. scientific work without specifying the model al. The author; the work thus created
- plagiarism (plagiarism) - creating plagiarisms; Plagiarism occurs when someone uses words, thoughts or works, which can be attributed to another identifiable person or source without indicating the place where they were obtained, in a situation where there is a legitimate expectation of original authorship with a view to obtaining some advantage, benefit or gain, which may not be monetary.
- WARNING! Plagiarism is not only a gross violation of academic ethics, but often also a violation of copyright, which can have serious legal consequences.(ICAI)
FIIT STU strictly condemns and does not tolerate plagiarism committed by students in the educational process. According to the FIIT Study Regulations (Article 13, Paragraph 3 -- Slovak), proven dishonesty of a student in the evaluation of study results (discovery of copying, use of illegal aids and other practices, plagiarism, etc.) results in:
- evaluation by classification grade FX and
- may be subject to disciplinary action.
Particular attention is paid to checking the originality of final works.
- The central register of final theses (Slovak) - contains an anti-plagiarism system for checking final and qualifying theses. The faculty AIS is also connected to it, and after submitting the final thesis, an automatic originality check will take place.
- Statement of the supervisor on the originality control protocol (Slovak) - forms part of the supervisor's opinion, which comments on the protocol obtained by the anti-plagiarism system.
A systematic approach to the prevention of plagiarism and the supervision of related processes is dealt with by the working group for the support of plagiarism control.
- Statute of FIIT STU (Slovak)
- STU Study Regulations
- FIIT STU Disciplinary Regulations - governed by the STU Disciplinary Regulations
- FIIT STU Disciplinary Commission (Slovak)
How to properly label used resources
- Citation according to the ISO 690 standard valid in our country.