FIIT STU students must follow the rules of academic ethics, it is the duty of every student to act honestly. The principles of honest behavior and academic integrity are anchored directly in the Statute of FIIT STU (Article 22, paragraph 2h -- Slovak). Dishonest behavior, especially passing off any work of another as one's own in the performance of study duties, is considered a disciplinary offense in the Disciplinary Rules (Article 3, paragraph 1), which is dealt with by the Disciplinary Committee.
What is plagiarism
- The imitation or verbatim copying of another's work without reference to the original; a work so produced.
- The unauthorized imitation, reproduction, or copying of an artistic or scientific work without attribution to the model or author; a work so produced.
FIIT STU strictly condemns and does not tolerate plagiarism committed by students in the educational process. According to the FIIT Study Regulations (Article 13, Paragraph 3 -- Slovak), proven dishonesty of a student in the evaluation of learning outcomes (detection of copying, use of illegal devices and other practices, plagiarism, etc.) results in:
- a grade FX and
- may be subject to disciplinary action.
Particular attention is paid to checking the originality of final works.
- The central register of final theses (Slovak) - contains an anti-plagiarism system for checking final and qualifying theses. The faculty AIS is also connected to it and after the final thesis is uploaded, an automatic originality check occures.
- Supervisor´s comment on the originality check protocol (Slovak) - forms part of the supervisor's opinion, who will comment on the protocol obtained by the anti-plagiarism system.
A systematic approach to the plagiarism prevention and oversight of related processes is addressed by the Plagiarism Control Support Working Group.
- Statute of FIIT STU (Slovak)
- STU Study Regulations
- FIIT STU Disciplinary Regulations - governed by the STU Disciplinary Regulations
- FIIT STU Disciplinary Commission (Slovak)
How to properly label the resources used
- Citation according to the ISO 690 standard in force in our country.