for the academic year 2022/23
Dean of the Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies STU in Bratislava in accordance with Act no. 131/2002 on Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments to Certain Acts, as amended, announces the commencement of the admission procedure for master's studies for accredited study programs Information Security and Intelligent Software Systems - information on accreditation can be found on the website of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in the Register of Study Programs:
- Study programs
- Application deadline
- Method of filling in and submitting the application
- Documents required
- Admission fee
- Admission procedure
- Entrance examination
- Evaluation of the admission procedure results
- Admission conditions
- General content and method of verification of study abilities
- Planned number of accepted applicants
In the academic year 2022/23, the Faculty of Informatics and Information offers a master degree in these accredited study program:
- Information security (in the field of informatics)
- Intelligent software systems (in the field of informatics)
Master study is an extension of bachelor study and the second stage of the university education. It is finished by the master thesis defence and state examination.
The master degree study of each study program is two years for applicants who have completed university studies in the relevant field of study or in a related field of study. For those applicants who have completed university studies in one of the more distant fields of study, the study in each study program is three years.
The recommended study plans for the academic year 2020/21 for all study programs are available on the Study Programs page, for the academic year 2021/22 they will be published later (in Slovak).
STUDY IS IN SLOVAK LANGUAGE
Deadline for submission of applications
until May 31, 2022
Method of filling in and submitting the application
You can apply for the study electronically or manually on the prescribed form.
Access to the electronic application, together with instructions, will be published by the date of its activation.
April 1, 2022 at 1:00 pm - e-application activation
E-application: Academic Information System (AIS).
Using the electronic application service:
- you will ensure that the application is filled in correctly,
- you will be able to monitor the status of the admission procedure (e.g. receipt of verified documents by post, results of the admission procedure).
- previous university study results,
the list of courses and classification grades obtained during previous university studies certified by the faculty or university which issued the extract and a certified copy of the document of completion of studies (diploma);
does not apply to applicants who complete a bachelor's degree at FIIT STU in the academic year 2020/21;
- the applicant with altered working ability will attach a doctor's certificate of health ability - send together with a certified copy of the school-leaving certificate..
- candidates may attach to the application documents on significant results of their professional activity in the field of informatics and information technologies, as well as in other types of professional activity - in case of using an electronic application, enter it in AIS - DO NOT SEND BY MAIL;
- a confirmation (copy) of the payment of the fee for the material of the admission procedure - does not apply to applicants who use an electronic application and also pay by transfer order.
The documents attached to the application are not returned to the applicant, they remain part of the applicant's documents.
Do not forget to list in the application form all study programs you are applying for, in order of importance!!!
If you are submitting a paper application, all documents that are attached to the application must be delivered by post or brought in person to the Filing department of the faculty.
Amount: 20 €
Pay the fee by bank transfer (or postal order to the account):
|IBAN:||SK83 8180 0000 0070 0008 5552|
|variable symbol:||number assigned by the electronic application system
or 2101, if the applicant does not use the electronic application
|constant symbol:||- for payment by bank transfer: 0558|
|address:||FIIT STU v Bratislave, Ilkovičova 2, 842 16 Bratislava 4|
|In the "Message for the recipient" section, the applicant must state his name and surname.|
If the applicant does not use the e-application, he must enclose a confirmation (copy) on the payment of the fee for material support of the admission procedure, regardless of the method of payment of the fee - by postal order to the account, bank transfer, internet banking.
If the applicant uses the e-application, he must attach to the application a confirmation (copy) of the payment of the fee for the material support of the admission procedure only if the fee was paid by postal order to the account.
Tuition and fees associated with the study are determined by the Rector's directive valid for the relevant academic year, published on the STU website.
The admission procedure for the applicant begins with the submission of an application for the relevant master study program.
Applicants who meet the basic conditions for admission or are presumed to meet them, and whose application contains all the requisites, will be invited to an entrance examination.
The results of the entrance exam are evaluated.
The selection of applicants is based on the order compiled on the basis of the results of the entrance examination, the results of previous studies, significant results of professional activities in the field of informatics and information technologies and the number of applicants that the faculty plans to accept for master degree study.
The results of the admission procedure will be published in the AIS (Academic Information System).
The decision on the acceptance or non-acceptance of the applicant including the justification shall be delivered to the applicant in writing to the address of his permanent residence specified in the application. The admission procedure will end for the applicant by issuing a decision on the outcome of the admission procedure.
June 30, 2022
The entrance examination is written, thematically focused on the area given by the field of study in which the relevant study program is carried out.
The main goal of the entrance exam for master degree study is to verify the applicant's professional ability to study in the chosen field of study, to find out the applicant's preconditions for independent creative activity in the field of informatics and information technologies.
Applicants for master degree study within the admission procedure will demonstrate knowledge in the field given by the relevant field of study.
Graduates of bachelor's studies at FIIT STU in acad. year 2021/22 they have an entrance examination for master's studies in acad. year 2022/23 forgiven.
Evaluation of the admission procedure
The selection of candidates is based on:
- from the order compiled on the basis of study results in the first stage of university study,
- significant results of professional activity in the field of informatics and information technologies, as well as in other types of professional activity of the applicant,
- applicants for the above preferences regarding study programs,
- evaluation of the entrance examination.
If the capacity of the accepted applicants for a study program is filled, the admissions committee may take into account admission to another study program, which is listed in the application as an alternative type of admission procedure.
Admission requirements for international students
The same requirements apply as for home students. An applicant who has completed previous studies abroad will submit a certificate of recognition of higher education for the purpose of continuing studies in accordance with applicable laws (www.stuba.sk/5545). The document must be delivered to faculty in paper form, either original or notarized copy.
Conditions of admission
General principles for determining the professional competence of candidates
- The basic condition for admission to the study program of master's studies is the completion of the study program of the first degree. This condition is also met by graduates of study fields according to older regulations. For the purposes of assessing the professional competence of the applicant for master's studies, the completion of the study program of the combined first and second degree is also considered as the completion of the study program of the first degree.
- Applicants' professional competence for master's studies is assessed on the basis of the content and results of previous studies at the first stage of higher education, which are supported by relevant documents and on the results of the entrance examination if not done on the basis of submitted documents of the applicant's previous studies.
Additional conditions for admission to master study programs at FIIT STU in Bratislava for the academic year 2022/2023 were approved by the Academic Senate of the Faculty on March 22, 2022.
General content and method of verification of study abilities
Applicants for master studies within the admission procedure will demonstrate knowledge of selected areas given by the field of the study program.
See the topics of the entrance exams for master study programs (in Slovak).
Planned number of accepted applicants
Planned number of students admitted to master studies for the academic year 2022/23:
|Study program:||2-year study:||3-year study:|
|Intelligent software systems||130||5|