for the academic year 2023/2024
- Information security (in the field of informatics)
- Intelligent software systems (in the field of informatics)
- The programs are internationally accredited by the IET, the British Engineering Council.
- STUDY IS IN SLOVAK LANGUAGE
The master's degree in each study program is a two-year program for applicants who have completed a university degree in the relevant field of study or in a related field of study. For those candidates who have completed a university degree in a more distant field of study, the period of study in each program of study shall be three years.
The recommended study plans for the academic year 2023/2024 for all programs of study can be found on the Study Programs page (in Slovak language) .
31 May 2023 by 11:59 pm
The e-application will be launched on 3 April 2023 at 1:00pm.
- results for previous university studies ,
(a transcript of courses and grades obtained during previous university studies, certified by the faculty or university that issued the transcript and a certified copy of the graduate certificate (diploma);
does not apply to applicants who are completing their bachelor studies at FIIT STU in the academic year 2022/2023;
- applicants with reduced working capacity must send a doctor's certificate of medical fitness by post.
- applicants may attach to their application documents on significant results of their professional activity in the field of informatics and information technologies, as well as in other types of professional activities - in the case of an electronic application, upload it to the AIS - DO NOT SEND BY MAIL;
- confirmation (copy) of payment of the material support fee for the admission procedure - not applicable to applicants who use the online application form and also pay by bank transfer order.
Documents attached to the application form are not returned to the applicants, they remain part of the applicant's documents.
Do not forget to indicate on the application form all the study programs you are applying for, in order of importance!
Amount: 20 €
Pay the fee by bank transfer (or postal order to the account number):
|IBAN:||SK83 8180 0000 0070 0008 5552|
|Variable symbol:||number allocated by the electronic application system
or 2101, if the applicant does not use the electronic application sastem
|Address:||FIIT STU v Bratislave, Ilkovičova 2, 842 16 Bratislava 4|
|In the "Message for the recipient" section, the applicant must indicat his/her name and surname.|
If the applicant does not use the e-application, he/she must also attach to the application form a confirmation (copy) on payment of the fee for material support of the admission procedure.
Tuition fees and fees associated with studies are determined by the Rector's Directive valid for the relevant academic year, published on the STU website.
Conditions of admission to master´s studies
- The basic condition for admission to the study program of master's degree is the completion of the first degree. This condition is also met by graduates of study fields under the older regulations. For the purposes of assessing the professional competence of an applicant for an master´s degree, completion of a combined first- and second-degree program of study shall also be considered as completion of a first-degree program of study.
- The competence of applicants for master´s studies shall be assessed on the basis of the content and results of the applicant´s previous studies at the first degree level of the university, which shall be supported by appropriate documents, and on the basis of the results of the entrance examination if this is not done on the basis of the documents submitted on the applicant's previous studies.
The same requirements apply for international students as to domestic students. Applicants who have completed previous studies abroad must submit proof of recognition of their university education for the purpose of continuing their studies in accordance with the applicable laws (www.stuba.sk/5545). The document must be submitted in documentary form, either as an original or a notarised copy.
Further conditions of admission to master´s study programs at the FIIT STU in Bratislava for the academic year 2023/2024 were approved by the Academic Senate of the Faculty on 7 February 2023.
The admission procedure begins for an applicant by submitting an application for the relevant master study program.
Applicants who meet the basic admission requirements, or are expected to meet them, and whose application contains all the requirements, will be invited to an entrance examination.
The results of the entrance examination will be evaluated by the Admission Board on 29 June 2023.
The selection of applicants will be based on a ranking based on the results of the entrance examination, the results of previous studies, significant professional achievements in the field of computer science and information technologies, and the number of applicants that the faculty plans to admit to the master´s degree studies in computer science and information technology.
The results of the admission procedure shall be published in the Academic Information System (AIS) a the latest one week after the decision of the Admisssions Committee.
The decision to admit or not to admit an applicant, together with the reasons for it, shall be delivered to the applicant in writing at the contact address idicated in the application form.
The admission procedure will be closed for the applicant bythe issue of a decision on the outcome of the admission procedure.
Evaluation of the admission procedure
The selection of applicants is based on:
- on the basis of the ranking based the academic results in the first degree of university education,
- significant results in professional activities in the field of computer science and information technology, as well as in other types of professional activities,
- the applicant´s stated preferences regarding study programs,
- the assessments of the entrance examination.
In the event that the admission capacity of admitted applicants for a study program is reached, the Admissions Committee may consider admission to another study program, which os indicated in the application form as an alternative type of admission procedure.
29 June 2023 at 9:00am
The entrance examination is a written examination, thematically focused on the field of study in which the program of study is pursued.
The main objective of the entrance examination for master´s studies is to verify the applicant´s professional competence to study in the chosen field of study, to determine the applicant's prerequisites for independent creative activity in the field of computer science and information technology.
In the admission procedure, candidates for master´s studies shall demonstrate their knowledge in the field of the relevant field of study.
Graduates of bachelor studies at FIIT STU in the academic year 2022/2023 have an entrance exam for master's studies in the academic year 2023/2024 forgiven.
Framework content and method of verifying of aptitude for studies
Planned number of applicants admitted
Planned number of students admitted to the Master's degree for the academic year 2023/2024:
|Study program:||2-year study:||3-year study:|
|Intelligent software systems||130||5|
Information on accommodation in the student dorm
If you have any questions about the admission procedure for bachelor studies, contact Mgr. Zuzana Tekulová (zuzana_tekulova[at]stuba.sk; phone number: +421 2 210 22 143).