for the academic year 2023/24
Computer Science (in the field of Computer Science)
- The program is internationally accredited by the IET, the British Engineering Council.
- STUDY IS IN SLOVAK LANGUAGE
The basic condition for admission to the bachelor studies is the acquisition of a complete secondary education or a complete secondary vocational education (Section 56(1) of the Act).
The recommended study plans for the academic year 2023/2024 for all study programs can be found on the Study Programs page (in Slovak).
31 March 2023 by 11:59 pm
The e-application will be launched on 16 December 2022 at 10:00am.
- Certified copy of the school leaving certificate.
- High school graduates in 2023 will mail certified copies of their high school diplomas immediately after they receive them (during the month of May).
- Graduates from earlier years will mail certified copies of their high school diplomas by the application deadline.
- Submit high school results/diplomas from competitions (competition scores) as attachments to the AIS application form by the application deadline.
- Applicants with reduced capacity to work must submit a doctor's certificate of fitness by post by the application deadline.
- Applicants who have graduated from secondary school abroad (except for the Czech Republic) must submit a notarized copy of their high school leaving certificate together with a nostrification of the school leaving certificate by post - immediately after they have completed the documents, but no later than the end of August (see information on the websites: in Slovak or English) and a confirmation of their level of knowledge of the Slovak language - no later than by 25 May.
- Citizens of the Slovak Republic who have graduated from secondary school abroad shall deliver by post a notarized copy of their matriculation certificate together with the nostrification of the matriculation certificate (see information on the following websites: Slovak or English) immediately after they have processed the documents, but no later than the end of August, and in addition, they shall deliver the matriculation certificate in the Slovak language - immediately after they have processed the documents, but no later than the end of August.
The documents attached to the application form are not returned to the applicants and remain part of the applicant's documents.
|IBAN:||SK83 8180 0000 0070 0008 5552|
|Variable symbol:||number assigned by the electronic application system
or 1101, if the applicant does not use the electronic application
|Constant symbol:||- for payment by bank transfer: 0558
- for payment by postal order to account: 0379
|Address:||FIIT STU v Bratislave, Ilkovičova 2, 842 16 Bratislava 4|
In the "Message for the recipient" section, the applicant must indicate his/her name and surname.
If the applicant does not use the e-application form, he/she must also attach a confirmation of payment of the fee for the material support of the admission procedure to the application form.
Tuition fees and fees associated with the studies are determined by the Rector's Directive valid for the relevant academic year, published on the STU website.
Conditions of admission to bachelor´s studies
The faculty accepts applicants for the 3-year study program who
- achieve a percentile of at least 70 in the external part of the mathematics matriculation examination (see document in Slovak language), or
- achieve a minimum score of 70 for the diploma competition.
- achieve a minimum score of 70 in the entrance examination (the entrance examination is not compulsory if they meet the admission requirements in another category).
- confirm their knowledge of the Slovak language at least at B1 level (applies only to applicants who matriculating outside the territory of the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic).
In other cases, the admission is decided by the admissions committee in accordance with the Further conditions of admission to bachelor studies at FIIT STU .
The results of the matriculation examinations of applicants who matriculate IN THE YEAR in which they participate in the admission procedure to the faculty will be delivered by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. ATTENTION, these are the results, not the entire matriculation certificate. A certified copy of the matriculation certificate must be delivered by post immediately after the applicant receives the matriculation certificate.
Applicants who have graduated BEFORE 2023 and wish to have the result of their external matriculation examination in mathematics (see document in Slovak language) considered in the admissions procedure are required to deliver certified copies of their matriculation certificates by post by the application deadline.
Applicants from abroad must send confirmation of their level of proficiency in the Slovak language (min. B1) in documentary form by the date of registration, but no later than the end of August.
The admission procedure begins with the submission of an application for the relevant bachelor's degree program.
The results of the applicants will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee - 26 May 2023.
The results of the admission procedure will be published in the Academic Information System (AIS) at the latest one week after the decision of the admissions committee.
The decision on whether or not to accept the applicant, together with the reasons, will be delivered to the applicant in writing to the contact address provided in the application form during the second half of June.
The admission procedure will be closed for the applicant with the issue of the admission decision.
Evaluation of the admission procedure
Applicants are admitted on the basis of:
- the results of the external part of the matriculation examination (see document in Slovak language); or
- the results of the entrance examination; or
- diplomas from competitions,
- graduates of foreign secondary schools are admitted on the basis of the results of the entrance exam or diplomas from competitions and on the basis of proving their knowledge of the Slovak language at B1 level.
In the case of multiple result, the best one is selected. Additional points can be obtained for competitions (competition evaluation - in the Slovak language). The final number of points awarded is equal to the sum of the points for the best result and the competition.
The faculty guarantees admission to applicants who will meet the admission requirements.
The selection of applicants not covered by guaranteed admission will be based on:
- a ranking compiled on the basis of scores,
- demonstration of skills and prerequisites for studying the chosen program of study,
- the number of applicants that the faculty plans to admit to study the relevant program of study.
Dates of entrance exam:
- 3 February 2023
The application form for the free entrance examination: https://forms.gle/mbKdEe9m4UDKG4h47 must be completed and submitted electronically no later than 2 February 2023, 12:00am.
- 21 April 2023
Application form for the free entrance examination: https://bit.ly/3HYzQIY must be completed and submitted electronically no later than 4 April 2023, 1:00pm
Planned number of applicants admitted
Planned number of students admitted to the Bachelor's degree for the academic year 2023/2024:
Information on accommodation in the student dorm
Due to the high number of applicants for dormitory accommodation and limited accommodation capacity, the school will establish a waiting list of applicants based on their results in the admission procedure. If an applicant wishes to increase his/her interest to obtain the highest possible score (external matriculation certificate + diploma, or entrance exam + diploma).
If you have any questions about the admission procedure for bachelor studies, contact Mgr. Zuzana Tekulová (zuzana_tekulova[at]stuba.sk; phone number: +421 2 210 22 143).