The Academic Senate of a faculty is a self-government representative body of the faculty.
The Academic Senate of a faculty is divided into the employee part and the student part. Members of the employee part of the Academic Senate of a faculty are voted by ballot by members of the employee part of the academic community of the faculty. Members of the student part of the Academic Senate of a faculty are voted by ballot by members of the student part of the academic community of the faculty.
The Academic Senate of a faculty shall:
- approve the internal regulations of the faculty,
- elected a candidate for the Dean or shall propose to recall the Dean from the office; if after recalling the Dean or after early termination of the Dean´s execution of his office for other reasons the faculty has no Dean, it proposes the Rector a person to be charged with performance of the Dean´s office until a new Dean is appointed,
- approve the Dean´s proposal for appointing and recalling Vice-Deans,
- approve the Dean´s proposal for appointing and recalling members of the Scientific Board of the faculty,
- approve the budget of the faculty presented by the Dean and shall supervise the use of the faculty finances,
- approve the long-term strategy in educational, research, development, artistic or other creative activities of the faculty prepared in accordance with the long-term strategy of the university, submitted by the Dean after its discussion by the Scientific Board of the faculty and its update,
- approve the annual report on activities and annual statement on economic management of the faculty, presented by the Dean,
- approve, after discussing it by the Scientific Board, the proposal of the study programmes to be carried out by the faculty, presented by the Dean,
- approve the additional conditions for admission to study in the study programmes carried out by the faculty, as presented by the Dean,
- give comments on the Dean´s proposal for establishment, merger, affiliation, split or dissolution of faculty units,
- elect a representative of the faculty for the Higher Educational Council,
- submit the annual report on its activity to the academic community of the faculty by exposing it at places open to public and by publicising it at the faculty website,
- give its opinion on the Rector´s proposals on the actions concerning the transfer of property or creation of an easement or the right of pre-emption that serve for fulfilment of tasks of the faculty before submitting them for approval to the Academic Senate of a university.
Abstracts of Sections 26, 27 of Act No. 131/2002 of Law Code on Higher Education