The Academic Senate of the Faculty is its self-governing representative body.
The members of the Academic Senate are elected by direct secret ballot by the members of the academic community of the Faculty (members of the staff part of the Academic Senate are elected by the members of the staff part of the academic community of the Faculty and members of the student part of the Academic Senate are elected by the members of the student part of the academic community of the Faculty).
Faculty Academic Senate:
- approves the internal regulations of the Faculty,
- elects the candidate for dean or proposes the removal of the dean from office and approves the rector's proposal for the removal of the dean;
if, after the removal of the dean or after the early termination of the dean's office for other reasons, the faculty has no dean, proposes to the rector a person to be entrusted with the office of dean until the appointment of a new dean,
- approve the dean's proposal for the appointment and dismissal of vice-deans,
- approve the dean's proposal for the appointment and dismissal of members of the faculty's scientific council,
- approve the draft budget of the faculty submitted by the dean and control the management of the faculty's financial resources,
- approves the long-term plan for the educational, research, development, artistic or other creative activities of the faculty, drawn up in accordance with the long-term plan of the public university, submitted by the dean after discussion in the faculty's scientific council, and its updating,
- approve the annual activity report and the annual management report of the faculty submitted by the dean,
- after discussion in the Scientific Council, approve the proposal for the study programs to be implemented by the Faculty, submitted by the Dean,
- approve other conditions of admission to study study programs to be carried out by the Faculty, submitted by the Dean,
- expresses its opinion on the Dean's proposal for the establishment, merger, amalgamation, division or abolition of departments of the Faculty,
- elects a faculty representative to the Council of Universities,
- report once a year to the academic community of the Faculty on its activities, which it shall display in a publicly accessible place and publish on the Faculty's website, comment on the Rector's proposals for legally defined actions concerning the transfer of property or the establishment of easements or pre-emption rights over property used for the performance of the tasks of the faculty before submitting them to the Academic Senate of the public university for approval.