Due to the increasing number of IoT devices and its future estimatations, the question of their reliability and safety, as well as the necessity of their mutual communication is gaining importance. For effective functioning, IoT devices must have sufficient bandwidth (typically slower transmission rates), but extremely energy-efficient. The research infrastructure allows to solve these issues for different platforms, on which the embedded systems for IoT devices are implemented. The aim of research laboratory for the Embedded Systems is to increase the reliability and security of embedded systems, design and testing of embedded systems on various platforms (monolithic processors and microcontrollers, programmable hardware) and with different requirements (with the critical response time, without standard operating system). We also pay special attention to the research of designing energy efficient IoT devices, focusing mainly on the power management of IoT devices, automation of power management and energy efficient mutual communication. </p >
Embedded Systems, Internet of Things, Increased Reliability, Fault Tolerance, Security, Hard Real-Time Systems, Programmable Hardware, Low-Power Devices
|Research interest lies at embedded systems, based on monolithic processors and one-chip microcomputers, increasing of embedded systems reliability, and real-time embedded systems.
||Research interest lies at digital control systems design, new methods of computer communications, real-time systems, means of hardware (and software) specification, as well as other topics in Computer Engineering.
|Research interest lies at digital systems specification, design and verification.
||Research interest lies at digital-systems design automation, system-level specification, power optimization and estimation, and low-power communications connected with the Internet of Things.
|Research interest lies at digital system design, testing and verification, algorithms for functional testing systems on chip (SoC) in the devices of Internet of Things. He has been author and co-author of more than 60 scientific papers.
Selected recent publications
- HUDEC, Ján. Automatic Software-Based Self Test Generation for Embedded Processors.
IFAC-Papers OnLine, Vol.51, Issue 6, 2018, pp. 125-130. ISSN 2405-8963.
- MACKO, Dominik - JELEMENSKÁ, Katarína - ČIČÁK, Pavel
Simplifying Low-Power SoC Top-Down Design Using the System-Level Abstraction and the Increased Automation. Integration. vol. 63, no. september (2018), pp. 101-114. ISSN 0167-9260.
- HUDEC, Ján - GRAMATOVÁ, Elena
An Efficient Functional Test Generation Method for Processors using Genetic Algorithms.
Journal of Electrical Engineering. Vol. 66, No. 4 (2015), pp. 185-193. ISSN 1335-3632.
- ŠTRBA, Attila - KRAJČOVIČ, Tibor
Operating System for Wireless Embedded Systems Powered by Energy Harvesters.
Sobh, Tarek; Elleithy, Khaled (Eds.): Emerging Trends in Computing, Informatics, Systems Sciences, and Engineering. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Volume 151, 2013, pp. 331-344, Springer, 2013, ISBN 978-1-4614-3557-0.
- POHRONSKÁ, Mária - KRAJČOVIČ, Tibor
Using Multiple FPGA Implemented Watchdogs for Improving of Embedded Systems Reliability.
Journal of Cybernetics and Informatics. Vol. 11., pp. 41-48. ISSN 1336-4774
- SEVERÍNOVÁ, Hana - ABAFFY, Jaroslav – KRAJČOVIČ, Tibor
Control-flow Checking Using Binary Encoded Software Signatures.
Sobh, T. and Elleithy, Kh. (eds.). Innovations and Advances in Computing, Informatics, Systems Sciences, Networking and Engineering. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Vol. 313, 2015, pp. 345-347, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2015, ISSN: 1876-1100
- ĎURÍČEK, Maroš - KRAJČOVIČ, Tibor
Hybrid Control-Flow Checking with On-Line Statistics.
4th Eastern European Regional Conference on the Engineering of Computer Based Systems (ECBS-EERC) 2015. Brno, The Czech Republic, August 27-28, 2015
- PEREŠÍNI, Ondrej - KRAJČOVIČ, Tibor
Internet Controlled Embedded System for Intelligent Sensors and Actuators Operation.
Applied Electronics 2015, 20th International conference. Pilsen, Czech Republic. September 8-9, 2015. 1. vyd. Pilsen : University of West Bohemia, 2015, pp. 185-188. ISSN 1803-7232. ISBN 978-80-261-0385-1.
- KUDLAČÁK, František - KRAJČOVIČ, Tibor
Error Behaviour in PID Control Systems with Dynamic Processes.
PINKER, J. Applied Electronics 2016: 21st International Conference. Pilsen, September 6-7, 2016, pp. 141-144. ISBN 978-80-261-0601-2. Česká republika / Pilsen : University of West Bohemia, 2016
- MACKO, Dominik - JELEMENSKÁ, Katarína - ČIČÁK, Pavel
Verification of Power-management Specification at Early Stages of Power-constrained Systems Design.
Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Computers, Vol. 26, No. 8, August 2017, 23pp, ISSN 0218-1266.
Important recent research results and research projects
- Intelligent Embedded Systems
- Robust MPC for Hybrid Systems (RPHS)
- Optimization of low-power design of digital and mixed integrated systems
- Manufacturable and Dependable Multicore Architectures at Nanoscale
- Methods for the design and verification of digital systems with low power consumption using formal specification languages
- 10x EEDT 6.0 development kit for AVR, 51, PIC, ARM, Arduino
- 10x AM3517 development kit for ARM CORTEX
- 6x MINNOWBOARD development kit for ATOM
- 3x EJ-SCT JTAG emulator for ARM CORTEX
- 3x EJ-SCT JTAG emulator for ATOM
- 4x AT LA-500 logic analyzer
- 6x GDS-2204 digital oscilloscope
- 5x Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA VC707 development kit
- 1x Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA KC705 development kit
- 5x Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA AC701 development kit
- 20x i7 based work station
- 6x i5 based mobile work station
Development system on the base of 32-bit RISC processor with FPGA circuit
General view of the Embedded Systems Laboratory
32-bit systems for embedded applications developed in the laboratory