Enormous intellectual efforts are being invested into producing software in its executable form. Part of our research is devoted to software product lines and variability and software patterns. We explore how this heterogeneous software knowledge contained in various artifacts produced during software development can be efficiently represented and reused. For this, we search for a way to interrelate and visualize this knowledge employing multidimensional software modeling. We also seek for a way to make the knowledge of agile and lean people organization and software processes in general more accessible and explore its wider social connotations.
Interrelating and Visualizing Heterogeneous Software Knowledge, Multidimensional Software Modeling, Agile and Lean People, Organization, Software Processes, Social Connotations, Software Product Lines and Variability, Software Patterns
| Explores different aspects of software development with a particular interest in preserving intent comprehensibility in code and models using use case driven and other advanced modularization approaches.
His research interests range from information interactions of people on the Web as manifested by information recommendation or spreading within social networks, to social insect inspired computing and to modelling of software artifacts.
| Explores refactoring and preserving intent comprehensibility in software artifacts using multidimensional modeling and visualization.
Explores the possibilities of determining source code properties by tracking developer activity, using advanced software modeling and visualization for change management, and new ways of software testing.
Selected recent publications
- VRANIĆ, Valentino - TÁBORSKÝ, Roman
Features as Transformations: A Generative Approach to Software Development.
Computer Science and Information Systems Journal (ComSIS). In print (available online), 2016.
- FRŤALA, Tomáš - VRANIĆ, Valentino
Animating Organizational Patterns.
Proceedings of 8th International Workshop on Cooperative and Human Aspects of Software Engineering, CHASE 2015, ICSE 2015 Workshop, Florence, Italy, IEEE, 2015.
- VRANIĆ, Valentino - ZELINKA, Ľuboš
A Configurable Use Case Modeling Metamodel with Superimposed Variants.
Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering: A NASA Journal, 9(3), pp. 163-177, Springer, 2013.
- GREGOROVIČ, Lukáš - POLÁŠEK, Ivan
Analysis and Design of Object-oriented Software using Multidimensional UML.
Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Knowledge Technologies and Data-Driven Business, I-KNOW '15, Graz, Austria, ACM, 2015.
- POLÁŠEK, Ivan - UHLÁR, Marek
Extracting, Identifying and Visualisation of the Content, Users and Authors in Software Projects.
LNCS Transactions on Computational Science XXI: Special Issue on Innovations in Nature-inspired Computing and Applications, 21, pp. 269-295, LNCS 8160, Springer, 2013.
Important recent research results and research projects
- Advanced Methods in Software Evolution: Variants, Composition, and Integration, VG 1/1221/12, Scientific Grant Agency of the Ministry of Education, science, research and sport of the Slovak Republic and the Slovak Academy of Sciences (VEGA), 2012–2015.
- PerConIK: Research & Development Operational Programme for the project Research of Methods for Acquisition, Analysis and Personalized Conveying of Information and Knowledge, ITMS 26240220039, co-funded by the ERDF, 2011–2015.
- Common international research project proposals with several industry partners: Atos Spain SA, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., Flexiant Limited, and EdTech Foundry
- Extensive collaboration in research and development projects with several Slovak software development companies: Gratex, Continental Automotive, mimacom, etc.
Common international research project proposals with several academic partners:
- SINTEF (Dr. Alessandro Rossini)
- Leipzig University (Prof. Ulrich Eisenecker)
- Lancaster University (Prof. Awais Rashid))
- Warsaw University of Technology (Prof. Michał Śmiałek)
- University of Cyprus (Prof. George Papadopoulos)
- 3D Software Development Lab, equipped with a powerful computer system and several spatial I/O devices (leap motion, 3D mouse SpaceNavigator and three interconnected 3D monitors